Hello Dolphins! Rock n Run is back in 2021!
As you know, this event is the largest PTA fundraiser of the year. The primary donors to the SLES Rock n Run are the friends and families of our students, but we also rely on sponsors to help us reach our goal. Because we keep 100% of the proceeds, we try to use Rock N Run to fund all of the PTA needs for the year.
So why are we raising money this year?
The P.T.A. and Stratford Landing community traditionally raise more than $60,000 during Rock and Run from sponsorships and donations. Your P.T.A. uses the funds raised for a variety of student enrichment activities throughout the year, including outdoor learning facilities, the Discovery Garden, resources for Care and Share families, Bingo Night, the D3 Talent Event, and after school clubs and other school events throughout the year.
In addition, the 6th grade uses the funds they raise to fund their expenses throughout the year.
How will Rock n Run work this year?
- Fundraising will begin on Wednesday, October 13. It will end on Monday, October 25.
- Fundraising will be done by classrooms again this year.
- The traditional Rock n Run Pep Rally is Friday, October 15 at SLES.
- Students run* on Friday, October 22. In spite of the name, the fundraising is NOT based on how many laps a student runs.
- Classes enjoy the prizes they collectively earned on Prize Day, Friday, October 29.
*Please note that participation is voluntary and not required.
Please direct any questions you may have to Fundraising@slpta.org.